Family Leadership Training Institute
Families Partnering For Change
The Family Leadership Training Institute (FLTI) is a 20-week course designed to build family involvement and leadership skills. More than 1,000 family leaders have graduated from FLTI since it began in 2009.
Why do we need family leaders?
Family leaders partner within the community to support the health, safety and education of children, youth, and families. They provide expertise, program input, recommendations, and real solutions for a range of issues.
Who can become a family leader?
Anyone can become a family leader:
Parents, youth, foster parents, professionals, young adults, grandparents, etc.
Family leaders are passionate, determined, and dedicated to improving outcomes for children, youth, and families.
FLTI helps family leaders:
- Become familiar with resources and services in their community
- Represent diverse cultures
- Become comfortable with policy discussions
- Offer a unique perspective
The Family Leadership Training Institute will:
- Help you develop leadership skills.
- Empower and inspire you.
- Provide opportunities for changes in your life, your family and your community.
- Help you take your ideas for community change and make them a reality.
- Provide you with tools for civic engagement required for successful community changes.
- And you’ll earn a prestigious Certificate of Completion!
Apply Online today at www.FLTIofColorado.ColoState.Edu or contact:
Veronica Armas | (720) 350-5869
- Working with groups of people from diverse backgrounds
- Public policy
- Social and economic trends affecting children and families
- How local systems work and how to interact with them
- Families as change agents
FLTI costs $2,500 per participant, however, due to grant funding we offer FULL SCHOLARSHIPS to the first 30 ACCEPTED APPLICANTS. One night per week – 20 sessions of learning, connecting and making a difference. Childcare provided.